When I come across to pick a bike as hobby or big bike learner… I have set these few criterias.
1. It must not be Kawasaki… Not because I am hater but there are just too many kawa on the road 😉 I need something different.
2. The bike have to look bigger than its price tag… Sym T2 is pretty big size compare to its competitors such as Kawasaki Ninja 250, Honda CBR250, KTM Duke 200 and Keeway. T2 outlook is more like a 500cc.
3. The pillion seat must be comfortable… Yes I carry pillion most of the time. When pillion is happy, so the rider B-)
4. Low maintenance cost… Sym T2 is among the lowest in 250cc category. Also the part list and pricing are available at Sym.com.my . But coming from small bike background, big bike maintenance is a bomb to me.
5. Option for rear storage box… I usually keep my helmet and raincoat in the storage box. I can’t live without a storage box. Most 250cc bikes in Malaysia are sport bike design (full fairing) and has no storage box option, or will be ugly to have it. Sym T2 is naked bike design which look good with storage box at the back.
6. Low fuel consumption… the Honda CBR250 may win in this criteria and T2 is not far behind. Actually I am not only concern the petrol cost but low fuel consumption allows more mileages and longer distance.
This is how I come into Sym T2’s world.
Following are the pictures when I first saw it in http://www.mudah.my
I though the Red-Blue stripes was meant for special edition. In the end it is previous owner custom design. Look clean and sleek to me.